Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

What Ifs – A Response


What if I thought more of others’ happiness
What if I were grateful for what I have
What if I took good care of my possessions
What if I took good care of my body

What if I allowed myself to receive love from others
What if I allowed myself to receive my own
What if I believed I was alright

What if I were grateful for my coffee mugs, 
                                                 gifts from kind friends
What if I were grateful for the furniture in my apartment, 
                                                 free, all of it

What if I were grateful for the electricity
                                                 clean water
                                                 hot water
                                                 a refrigerator
What if I allowed myself to fill my refrigerator

What if I allowed myself to believe in my inherent goodness
What if I believed that I was more than my wants
What if I believed that I was able to carry more than I ever have

What if I thanked others for their kindness
                                                 What if I meant it

What if I let myself feel love for other people
What if I let myself feel generosity of spirit

What if I thought there was enough for everyone
What if I thought more about everyone

What if love was a gift

What if I let myself breathe 
                                                 when I hug people

What if the smell of children’s hair was enough
What if I let myself believe in my dreams
What if I let myself support them in an adult way

What if I opened to hearing your praise
What if I opened to hearing your guidance
What if I opened to hearing your story
                                                 without thought to improve, correct, enhance

What if you were enough.

What if I were enough

What if I let myself stop 
                                                 worrying
                                                 being small
                                                 hiding

What if I believed it were safe
What if I believed you were safe
What if I believed that I were

What if I let myself be

What if I were more generous with my gifts
What if I were more generous with my affection
What if I were more generous with my laughter

What if I could relax

What if I could relax.


No comments:

Post a Comment