Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Somebody feed the models.


welp, if i still took drugs, tonight would have been a nice night to do it. as it was, i was perfectly present for the shrieks of the event coordinator, the reverberations of increasingly drunken model cackling in a room the size of a postage stamp, and the soreness of my toes.

That said ;) It was pretty cool. It was just a long night – from 5 – 11, and I left just as things were really getting “swinging” – there was a band who was just getting their gear set up on the runway we all walked – I more like ran, than walked. I was first, and I felt like I didn’t have anyone’s cues to follow, and just sort of went, spun a few times and left! I’m sure I did just fine :P

I did meet a lovely man as I was passing out chocolate balls. (yes, but, no, they were not schweaty.) But as I was leaving I didn’t see him, so what will be will be. It was nice to flirt in a very light-hearted not too serious way. Just talk-ish as we watched the other models in the non-profit clothing.

I also wrote out my monologues for tomorrow, as I’m one of those kinesthetic learners, and need to write something down in order to really remember it – tell anyone who has seen me with a sonnet of scribbles on the back of my right hand (I’m lefty – and I won’t lose my hand – perfect note-taking).

It was intense with a lot of chaos happening, but it was a gorgeous old Victorian house in San Francisco right on Alamo square park – near the Painted Ladies aka the Full House houses.

There’s not much else to report today. I’ll get to see if any of the photos will be useful for my portfolio, but really, I’m more intrigued by acting these days than modeling. I did see one girl I’d done modeling with earlier in the year for the same non-profit – this sort of very Kate Moss accented blonde model…who is studying to be a teacher at this really prestigious union of schools. So, she said she’ll let me know next time she does stuff, and sometimes she even gets paid ;)

It was my first “runway” show – I’d done a little bit of photo modeling before, but mainly for friends, and nothing “serious”, really. I do have a profile on a professional website for photographers and models, but, hell if they’re not really creepy.

I once met up with a photographer over coffee to talk about his vision, as he’d emailed me, and I was new to the site and thought, well, I’m not going to say yes without meeting him, but sure I’ll meet him – IN PUBLIC. He did a lot of nudity, and I wanted to talk about that, as I wasn’t sure I was comfortable with that (with google these days!! I may be a teacher myself one day, or a mom!). So we met in a cafĂ©, and he was telling me about his “vision”… and in walks a woman who really seemed surprised to see him there – and he introduces me to his wife. The woman glares at me, then at him with a politely plastered smile on her face. Then when she leaves with her coffee, he tells me that she’s a therapist over at the hospital that’s nearby.

Hm, a guy with a thing for having women place realistic skulls over their vag while otherwise totally naked, and a woman who dives into often sick people’s brains. Yep, a perfectly fucked up match.

In the end, I declined the offer to shoot with him, despite his protestations that his images were “relatively tame.”

So, I sometimes troll my profile on that website, but for the most part, keeping my clothes on when recording for posterity seems like a good idea. Well, that is until the artist’s live model audition in January! (but, it’s paid, accredited, and highly professional – really!) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment