Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

So??


So, what is happening with the boy (in real life, not in my brain)?

Well, instead of sending my crazy text on Saturday morning, I sent instead, “Brunch tomorrow?” Luckily my journal, you, and my friends get the brunt of the crazy, so by the time I get into interacting with human beings unaware of my brain functions, they get something resembling “normal.”

So, there was brunch on Sunday. During the course of conversation, without blasting a fire extinguisher of mania at him, he said of his own accord, “We're dating; that’s what we’re doing.” Oh, Okay. Good to know.

So, then... Dating. There’s another one planned for this Saturday evening. And, I am unsure if there will be more, and unsure if I want there to be, but want there to be this one, at least, so I can figure that out – that’s the whole point of the dating thing, isn’t it? To spend enough time with someone to figure out if you want to spend your time exclusively with them? (Not like all your time, just your romancy time.) I’m honestly not sold, which is as it should be – we’ve been on three dates. Not enough to know much, except we have relatively good conversation, I am still a little stiff and breath-holdy around him (though I measurably relaxed once he said, "We're dating"), and really enjoy his roaming hands. If there’s more than the roaming hands that I enjoy, only time can tell.

So, that’s the story. I am honestly still tempted to “put on my love light” and get back in the ring (to mix metaphors). I don’t know the strength of this one dating situation, so why preclude myself from others. What that will mean to “get back out there,” I don’t know at all. Maybe just a frame of mind. I am still single after all, and I’m not racing to lock it down with this one dude, cuz I’m not sure yet. Seems … mature, maybe? Realistic? Appropriate?

In much other news, I have an audition on Monday for a staged reading. I have a role suggested to me for my monologue by the 25 y.o., but haven’t yet read the play – this all means, … I’m not prepared, and unlikely to have something memorized by Monday. I need a contemporary 1-2 minute dramatic monologue, and all I have/own in my head is the Shakespeare piece I did the other weekend. So, … if, lord help me, I need to use notes for this, then I will. It’s just information, it’s just trying. I know now that I need to have/own more than one piece if I want to be in this auditioning game, which may one day, who knows, how-much-easier-to-let-go-of-the-results-of-this-than-dating, lead to the acting part – the part I actually want.

It’s interesting to me, getting to compare the way I was clinging to certainty around dating, and am pretty much just joyful to show up around acting. I actually did a fist pump when I left my audition the other week! Not because I thought I did awesome, but because I showed up. THAT’S awesome.

Of course, you know I’m going to say something like, “Now, if I can just allow the fluidity, joy, presence, confidence and love of self I hold around auditioning flow into the dating world, I’ll be much happier, and indeed, much more myself.”

Yes, I would say something like that, wouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment